Certain amino acids (such as methionine) are formed with the help of vitamin B15. Vitamin B15 acts as an antioxidant causing lengthening of cell life.
It has been shown that vitamin B15 helps lowering blood cholesterol level leading to improvement of general circulation and cellular oxygenation. Thus, it is helpful for hypertension and arteriosclerosis. Pangamic acid decreases pain severity and morning stiffness in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Also it helps osteoarthritis patients for their pain and discomfort.
Due to its role as antioxidant, it protects the body from several pollutants such as carbon monoxide for people living in large cities. In Europe, it is used for treatment of premature aging due to the previously mentioned effects.
In Russia, vitamin B15 is believed to relief fatigue, asthma and rheumatism. It can be used also for treating alcohol dependency and for diminishing hangovers. Moreover, pangamic acid has some anti-allergic properties. In the field of psychiatry, vitamin B15 is found to be beneficial for promoting speaking ability and mental functions in children with emotional disturbance. It may be helpful for autism patients.
- Promoting the ability of the body to best utilize food energy, resulting in obtaining more physical and mental energy.
- Stabilization of mental and emotional issues.
- Protection against carbon monoxide pollution.
- Aid in the process of wound healing.
- Prevention of premature aging.
- Detoxification of poisons and pollutants that may possibly cause cancer.